Monday, June 3, 2013

Starstruck!

Aight, so I'm not super awesome at keeping this deal updated. It makes for more interesting and exciting posts though right?
Since my last post... I've been to all of my doctors appointments. Everything came up fine and dandy. Cancer free! 
My thyroid is still larger than average but the doc says that it's just big. Nothing wrong with it for now. I have 4 little nodules settled in on each side of my thyroid. I hope they stay happy in their little home because I'd rather not have to go through another biopsy. Having a large needle stuck in your throat 5 times with your head cocked back to where it pretty much rests under your shoulder blades is not the most comfortable position to be in. Especially when you don't have a giraffe's neck or you don't just happen to be a contortionist. 

The first few classes at the fire station have been interesting/ entertaining so far. We were issued our shitty, old, worn out training bunker gear. Finding every piece that fit properly was an adventure in and of itself, that's for sure! Now, each class we have to take our gear upstairs with us and if someone rings the bell we stop, drop, and roll  whatever we are doing and have to put it all on in under 2 minutes. Which, not to toot my own horn, is fairly easy for me seeing as I've been playing around in bunker gear since I was little. So station life is going well.

On May 18th, I flew to South Carolina to spend some much needed time with this awesome guy. Since I had missed his birthday I brought a few gifts with me. 3 puzzles from myself, which he figured each one out in no time, weirdo, as well as a very interesting, and funny bathroom reader from my parents which also contained money. It briefly discusses random scientifically studies that the government likes to spend millions of dollars on. Some of them are absolutely hysterical.
I had a wonderful total of 10 days with him. We visited some of his friends, hung around with his parents, baked some pretzels (yummy!), got crafty and made things, fixed a car's brakes... well, that was mostly him and we spent time on the lake. I purchased a 7-day South Carolina fishing license, and for some reason that excites me. I just think it's cool! Don't judge me. I caught my first 2 fish ever! A blue gill and a perch. No, I did not eat them. 
Memorial day, we went tubing and water skiing. Both of which I found very entertaining to watch as well as participate in.
Crazy Memorial Day picture... just because!
Walker water skiing
 
That's me tubing!





















Unfortunately, our time together had to end. Of course I cried and am still working on cheering up from leaving, but I don't regret any moment at all. Spending time with him was my main concern on the trip and that was well covered. We are trying to work something out so that we can see each other again before the summer ends.

Since I have returned home, I've finally decided which route I will be taking in college. I will be receiving a degree in "University Studies" in the College of Architecture with a minor in Business and Art, concentrating on either traditional or digital media. After completing the 4 year program, I will continue schooling through their Masters program which turns out is the program that is sending their students to Disney and Pixar. I no longer have to deal with the stress of attempting to get into an extremely competitive program with very limited spots that even some of the most talented people are rejected from. There are other ways to get where I want to be which was a big issue in my mind not too long ago. I was convinced that there was only one way to get there and that there was no way I would ever be able to make it through. I've proved myself wrong and I am oh so glad that I did!

I was also reunited with my college room mate for the weekend. We've been away from each other for a month and we were both starting to realize how much we actually missed one another. We went to George Strait's last Texas Concert of his last Tour! It was definitely a rather significant moment in Texas Country Music History. We were able to adventure around back stage and oh my gosh it was so exciting even if we did get off to a rough start to the day. 
We arrived at the Alamodome about an hour early. Well, outside it was sunny and about 93 degrees with high humidity. Everyone was sweating buckets. When they eventually opened the gates we decided to go stand in line for shirts knowing that they would ALL be gone if we didn't snag them before the concert. Going from the heat outside into a sardine type situation in a smaller area where they were selling the shirts was not the best of ideas considering I had not eaten anything. Our plan was to grab our shirts and then go get food. Plans changed. All I remember was feeling really hot, then thirsty, my ears started ringing, then I couldn't see so I leaned against Mollie and the next thing I know, I'm being held up by my room mate and some complete strangers. I freaking passed out. Some lady shoved a piece of gum in my mouth and another lady was feeding me skittles. Another man came to me and carried me to a less crowded corner where I could actually breathe. They brought a wheelchair out and wheeled me off to first aid where I pretty much just sat around until I was feeling better. I'm extremely thankful for my room mate and the people around me who helped. 
Poor Mollie. All 3 times that I've ever passed out have been with her. She's such a sweetheart. I felt horrible and still do because we weren't able to grab any shirts.. gee, good thing she's a family friend of George Strait's. They can just run to the warehouse not far from their house and get some. I have some of the coolest friends ever. Over all the concert was amazing, and while we were back stage I met George's son and we even saw Miranda Lambart. Both of us freaked about that. Apart from passing out, I had a great time.

Myself and Mollie after THE Cowboy rode away!


My Calculus class starts tomorrow at the local Community College and then I'm having dinner with my softball coaches. I'll have to update everyone on how that goes as well!

I am exhausted.
I am still crazy busy this summer!
I should be going to bed, it's 2AM.
I just had to write about it all!

I am just your average girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment